Water Damage Clean-Up
Water leaks or spills are very common. Immediate inspection of floor coverings, structural materials and crawl spaces, as well as prompt removal of all standing water, is critical to reduce or eliminate structural damage and/or mold. Since every minute counts, JP Carpet Cleaning Experts are ready to respond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No matter when a flood occurs, we will be there to bail you out.
Homeowners sometimes remove standing water themselves, then neglect to have the area professionally dried because the surfaces look dry or feel dry to the touch. However, without the proper equipment, it is impossible to determine how much moisture is still within the structure or to draw that moisture out before it cultivates mold or causes other structural damage. Increased moisture in the air after an indoor flood can also cause “secondary” damage to decorative wood, books, artwork and other items, so thorough drying and de-humidification are critical.
Water damage can happen anywhere in your house, but it does occur frequently in the kitchen, bathroom, laundry area and even roofs and walls. Whether it is caused by a slow over time leak, a sudden pipe burst or even rain storms. Water can do a lot of damage to your home, apartment, business and your belongings. Water damage is a serious problem, but it can lead to worse situations like mold growth from not having it taken care of immediately and professionally by a well-trained technicians.
What to do when water damage occurs:
- Find where the water is coming in from, if possible, stop it or call someone who can.
- Turn off all electrical appliances in and around the area to reduce electrical hazards.
- Remove furniture and other items off wet areas to prevent permanent stains or rust.
- Empty out closet floors, including shoes and cardboard boxes which cause staining.
What not to do when water damage occurs:
- Never turn on ceiling or wall fixtures if it’s wet.
- Never rip up the carpet and pad on your own always leave this to a professional.
- Never leave books, newspapers and other materials on wet carpets and floors.
- Do not try to dry carpeting with an electric heater.
- Never turn up the heat above 68 degrees, as this will help cause mildew and possibly discolor your carpet.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time with any questions you may have. We are always available to assist you.
Don't forget to visit our blog for helpful tips and tricks! Please comment with any question you may have and we'll address them within 24 hours!
JP Carpet Cleaning Expert Floor Care
3727, 4335 Van Nuys Blvd, #186, CA 91403