Water Damage Restoration & Clean-Up
Water leaks or spills are very common. Immediate inspection of floor coverings, structural materials, and crawl spaces, as well as prompt removal of all standing water, is critical to reduce or eliminate structural damage and/or mold. Since every minute counts, the professionals at JP Carpet Cleaning Expert Floor Care are ready to respond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No matter when a flood occurs, we will be there to bail you out.
Homeowners sometimes remove standing water themselves, then neglect to have the area professionally dried because the surfaces look dry or feel dry to the touch. However, without the proper equipment, it is impossible to determine how much moisture is still within the structure or to draw that moisture out before it cultivates mold or causes other structural damage. Increased moisture in the air after an indoor flood can also cause “secondary” damage to decorative wood, books, artwork, and other items, so thorough drying and de-humidification are critical.
Water damage can happen anywhere in your house, but it does occur frequently in the kitchen, bathroom, laundry area, and even roofs and walls. Whether it is caused by a slow over time leak, a sudden pipe burst or even rain storms. Consequently, water can do a lot of damage to your home, apartment, business and your belongings. Besides that, water damage is a serious problem, but it can lead to worse situations like mold growth from not having it taken care of immediately and professionally by well-trained technicians.
What to do when water damage occurs?
- Find where the water is coming in from. If possible, stop it or call someone who can.
- Turn off all electrical appliances in and around the area to reduce electrical hazards.
- Remove furniture and other items off wet areas to prevent permanent stains or rust.
- Also, empty out closet floors, including shoes and cardboard boxes which cause staining.
What not to do when water damage occurs?
- Never turn on the ceiling or wall fixtures if it’s wet.
- Never rip up the carpet and pad on your own always leave this to a professional.
- Do not try to dry carpeting with an electric heater.
- Never leave books, newspapers and other materials on wet carpets and floors.
- Also, never turn up the heat above 68 degrees, as this will help cause mildew and possibly discolor your carpet.
JP Carpet Cleaning Expert Floor Care offers 24/7 Emergency Water Damage Restoration & Clean-up Services for Locations such as:
Call Us At 818-263-9314